Sunday, November 11, 2012

Letters To My Children - Nov. 11th 2012

Dear Elisabeth

I will admit, we have been having a rough go with you the last couple of weeks. You have been cranky. You have screamed. A lot. You have been a little rebel doing everything you are not supposed to despite the amount of attention we give you. You just have not been listening. Even daycare has noticed this little period of rebellion. You were even not sleeping through the night, often crying for your dad to come sleep with you (which he did, every night). We were all getting very frustrated with you.

Then, during on of yours screaming fits I noticed that you have teething coming in. And it all made sense. You have never been a good teether. New teeth has always made you a poor sleeper and a little monster when you are awake.

I can not wait for your teeth to finish breaking through. Seriously, I want my sweet little girl, that kind of listens to me when I tell her to stop and not run away from us in the parking lot. Or to stop hitting your brother, or to stop standing on chairs. Really kid.. we allow you to do most things, unless it is dangerous. Our patience is also wearing thin on your scream fits, where nothing stops them.

I sure hope it really is the teeth.

All this being said... you have also become a lot of fun lately. You really beginning to talk with us, and it is fun having little conversations with you. I have even noticed that you are able to separate English and Danish a bit, and will switch to English when talking to me if you feel I am not understanding you. I feel like we are right on the edge of a language explosion and I am just waiting for it to go. I can't wait to talk to you more!

I am also enjoying that you will model for me a bit when I take pictures. And I think it is adorable that you have become obsessed with dresses and skirts. I am not sure why, as we have never really dressed you in them, but you want to wear them all the time.  I am pretty sure it is because of the way the flow, since you call them dancers.

It is both a very frustrating and exciting time in your life for all of us.



Linking up with The Super Sunday Sync

1 comment: