Saturday, January 19, 2013

Moving

We are moving in about a month. We have yet to start packing, and probably won't until after our trip to London the first week of February  I am excited to be moving to a new place. More excited that it is a house with a yard for the kids to play in, with apple trees (free fruit!). The house is also being renovated a bit with a new kitchen, some new floors and fresh paint. I can not wait to see what it looks like once it is finished.

There is a big part of me that wishes we could afford to ditch our old second hand furniture and buy some new stuff. For example I would love a reclining leather chairs from gowfb. Or a big comfy couch like this:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="333"] Image from Pinterest. Click to see Pin.[/caption]

Some day we will get new furniture. Once we get caught up on other things I think. We have discussed that our plan is to do one room at a time completely. But I think that some day will more likely be will be when we actually buy a house. That could be a long way off, so I guess until then I will have to settle for dreaming in Pinterest.

Still moving day is soon! I can't wait for it. And even more exciting is being able to get started on my studio as well. So much work and fun in the very near future!

I also have some more moving news. Not only am I moving in real life, this blog is also moving. Over the next week or so I am shifting the blog back to a blogspot blog:



The new address will be http://notsouglyducklings.blogspot.dk/ and I am having my good online friend Sarah Halstead design it for me to help her get to Blissdom and she is doing an awesome job! I think I may have helped create a pretty strong competitor in the blog design department. But seriously, if you are looking for a quick re-design she is doing some design work to help pay for her trip to Blissdom (so jealous!) and you should check her out.

Okay, enough about Sarah and back to me. So why am I moving to blogspot? Well, I have decide to change my photography business name from Sommerfugl Photography to Desirae Rasmussen Photography. It is just easier and better for business. This means I need to free up my enitre desiraer.com domain for photography instead of purchasing yet another domain (I am up to 3 right now!).  So that is why I am moving. If you follow by RSS, I don't think you will loose your subscription, as I will just move that over. If you follow me in other ways, you should be fine as well. And there will be a new way to follow... GFC.  I am hoping to make the switch next week, and my next post will probably be there. So see you at the new Not So Ugly Ducklings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment